3.1 IPC 7711/7721 CERTIFIED IPC TRAINER (CIT)
This course is for Certified IPC Trainers that were previously certified to instruct 7711/7721. It is required by IPC to re-certify before the 24-month certification expires. This course provides a thorough review of procedures and update information on policies and program requirements, as well as the opportunity to demonstrate hands-on skill proficiency.
Upon Successful completion of this learning activity, Instructors will be certified to instruct Application Specialist certification and re-certification. Instructors will obtain the knowledge to:
- State the purpose, scope, schedule, and grading criteria of the re-certification course.
- State IPC policies that govern operation of 7711/7721 certification and re-certification program.
- Demonstrate Through-Hole, J-lead, Gull-Wing, Fine Pitch, and Chip component rework and replacement proficiently to Class 3 standards, using a variety of methods.
- Perform conformal coating removal, laminate repair, pad and trace repair, and place and route modification wires
- Correctly interpret and teach the intent of the IPC 7711/7721 standard
- Successfully pass the written exam with a score of 80% or better and perform at Class 3 Acceptable for the Practical exam.
WHAT THE CERTIFIED IPC TRAINER (CIT) RECEIVES:
Everyone who successfully completes the Instructor Re-certification examination will receive all the materials necessary for conducting Operator Re-certification training that includes:
- IPC 7711/7721 manual
- Instructor Guide for re-certifying operators
- A sample copy of the Application Specialist Re-certification Handbook
- CD Rom (contains visual support material required to conduct Application Specialist training)
- CD Rom with PDF files of answer sheets & keys, workmanship grading sheets and criteria, equipment & parts lists, forms, and board artwork
- 12 Copies of Open Book written examinations for evaluating operator knowledge of module 1
Prerequisite: Prior 7711/7721 Certification
Class Length: 2 days
Price: Call for a quote*
Certification Length: 24 months
* To schedule this training or for hosting in your area please contact Blackfox. Quantity discounts will apply.