7.0 SPACE HARDWARE ADDENDUM FOR J-STD-001 (CIT)
Requirements for Space Hardware Addendum
This course is for currently Certified IPC Instructors certified to instruct J-STD-001 Application Specialist courses. Anyone mandated to use J-STD-001 Space Hardware is required to have workers trained and certified to the formal IPC J-STD-001 Space Hardware course, and traceable to a Master Instructor. This information is of specific interest to the manufacturers whose products must survive the vibration and cyclic temperatures of going to or operating in space.
Upon successful completion of this learning activity, Instructors will be certified to instruct the optional Space Hardware Module 6 of the IPC J-STD-001 Space Hardware Addendum. Instructors will obtain the knowledge to:
- Interpret the differences between the requirements of Class 3 and the supplemental requirements for products going to or operating in space
- Reference the J-STD-001 and Space Hardware standards to make accept/reject decisions
- Proficiently conduct Space Hardware training for Application Specialists using IPC requirements
- Successfully pass the additional 25 question exam with a score of 80% or better
WHAT THE CERTIFIED IPC TRAINER (CIT) RECEIVES:
- J-STD-001 Space Hardware Addendum
- Access to training materials including forms, handouts and visuals
- Instructor’s notes providing complete instructions for instructing the optional Space Addendum for CIS students
- Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a separate IPC J-STD-001 Space Addendum certificate.
Prerequisite: Valid J-STD-001 IPC Instructor’s Certification
Class Length: 4 hours
Price: Call for quote*
Certification Length: Option to renew during J-STD-001 CIT re-certification. Does NOT affect current certification.
* To schedule this training or for hosting in your area please contact Blackfox. Quantity discounts will apply.