IPC “Certified IPC Specialist (CIS)” IPC-6012 & 6012 DS Qualification and Performance Specification for Rigid Boards
This course covers qualification and performance of rigid printed boards, including single-sided, double-sided, with or without plated-through holes, multilayer with or without blind/buried vias and metal core boards. It addresses final finish and surface plating coating requirements, conductors, holes/vias, frequency of acceptance testing and quality conformance as well as electrical, mechanical and environmental requirements.
Learners will have the ability to understand criteria such as:
- Material selection for procurement
- Surface finishes
- Hole plating thickness
- Copper cap plating of filled holes
- Laminate cracks, voids, measling & weave exposure
- Acceptance testing and frequency
- Optional separate requirements for Space and Military Avionics applications
Students will demonstrate knowledge of the IPC-6012 performance and qualifcation criteria by successfully passing an open book written exam.
Students will receive a Certified IPC Specialist certificate with an overall score of 70% or better, on classroom written exams.
What the “Learner” Receives:
- IPC-6012 Manual
- IPC-6012DS Space and Military Avionics Applications Addendum manual
- IPC “Certified IPC Specialist (CIS)” Certificate
Length of Course: 3.5 Days
Price: Call for Quote*
Certification Length: 24 months