3.2/4.2 IPC 7711/7721 Certified IPC Specialist (CIS)
OPERATOR REWORK OF ELECTRONIC ASSEMBLIES AND REPAIR AND MODIFICATION OF PRINTED BOARDS AND ASSEMBLIES
The IPC-7711/7721 Rework and Repair of Electronic Assemblies is the Electronic Industry’s standard for the guidelines on removing and replacing electronic components and repairing circuitry with minimum impact on quality and reliability. This course teaches IPC’s recommended techniques, tools, equipment and materials required to perform removal, replacement, and repair operations on Plated Through Hole and Surface Mount Assemblies.
Upon Successful completion of this course, Operators will be certified to perform rework and repairs based on the IPC-7711/7721 Procedures. Operators can attend all or some of the following modules:
- Module 1 (Mandatory) – Policies & Procedures; Intro to 7711/7721
- Module 2 (Optional) – Wire Splicing
- Module 3 (Optional) – Through-Hole Rework
- Module 4 (Optional) – Surface Mount Chip Rework
- Module 5 (Optional) – Surface Mount Gull Wing Rework
- Module 6 (Optional) – Surface Mount J-Lead Rework
- Module 7 (Optional) – Pad, Trace & Plated Through Hole Circuit Repair
- Module 8 (Optional) – PCB Laminate Repair
- Module 9 (Optional) – Conformal Coating Removal & Replacement
- Successfully pass the written exam with a score of 70% or better and perform at Class 3 Acceptable for the Practical exam.
Prerequisite: Soldering skills including fine pitch
Class Length: 5 days
Price: Call for quote*
Certification Length: 24 months
* To schedule this training or for hosting in your area please contact Blackfox. Quantity discounts will apply.