This course covers qualification and performance of rigid printed boards, including single-sided, double-sided, with or without plated-through holes, multilayer with or without blind/buried vias and metal core boards. It addresses final finish and surface plating coating requirements, conductors, holes/vias, frequency of acceptance testing and quality conformance as well as electrical, mechanical and environmental requirements.
CSE students will obtain the knowledge to:
- Interpret the differences between Class 1, 2 and 3 products
- Reference the IPC-6012 standard to make performance & qualification decisions
- Correctly interpret the intent of the IPC-6012 standard
- Explain the IPC terminology and definitions
- Learn the expanded requirements from the IPC-6012 Space Hardware Addendum
What is a CSE?
The Certified Standards Expert (CSE) is a subject matter professional with a high level of knowledge and understanding of a specific IPC standard or group of standards but doesn’t train students or teach IPC classes.
Each CSE Receives:
- The IPC-6012, Qualification and Performance Specification for Rigid Printed Boards
- IPC-6012-S Space and Military Avionics Applications Addendum manual
- IPC-A-600 Acceptability of Printed Boards
Upon satisfactory completion of all written exams at an 80% or higher, participants will receive Certified Standards Expert (CSE) certification.
Class Length: 32 hours
Certification Length: 24 months
* To schedule this training or for hosting in your area please contact Blackfox. Quantity discounts will apply.