The IPC J-STD-001 Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies
is the pre-eminent authority for the electronics manufacturing industry. The standard describes materials, methods and verification criteria for producing high quality soldered interconnections. The standard emphasizes process control and sets industry consensus requirements for electronic products ranging from simple to high performance, life support systems. Included is an optional module for those wishing to understand the extended requirements for products that MUST survive the vibration and thermal cyclic environments of getting to and operating in space. This Certification includes the study of six modules, which include: 1) General Study of the Standard, 2) Terminals and Posts, 3) PTH Assembly, 4) SMT Assembly, 5) Inspection, and 6) Space Hardware Addendum.
- Students will learn the materials, methods and acceptance criteria for creating soldered electrical connections through lecture and hands-on learning
- The lab soldering and inspection demonstrations must meet minimum requirements of the J-STD-001 as determined by the Master Instructor
- The Space Hardware addendum is NOT a standalone module. You must be certified to IPC J-STD-001 first to obtain certification
What is a CSE?
The Certified Standards Expert (CSE) is a subject matter professional with a high level of knowledge and understanding of a specific IPC standard or group of standards but doesn’t train students or teach IPC classes.
Each CSE Receives:
- IPC J-STD-001 Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies
- All hands-on materials for soldering Wires & Terminals, Through Hole and Surface Mount components during class
- IPC J-STD-001 Space Hardware Addendum document
Upon satisfactory completion of all written and practical exams at an 80% or higher, participants will receive Certified Standards Expert (CSE) certification.
Prerequisite: Soldering Skills
Class Length: 40 hours
Certification Length: 24 months
* To schedule this training or for hosting in your area please contact Blackfox. Quantity discounts will apply