About IPC Training & Certification
IPC — Association Connecting Electronics Industries® offers globally recognized industry-traceable training and certification programs on key Electronics Industry Standards. Blackfox, founded in 1996, is the premier Worldwide Approved IPC Training Center, providing all five current IPC Certifications.
These IPC industry-developed and approved programs use the two-tier "train the trainer" approach for standardized classroom training to assure understanding of IPC criteria in the industry's most popular IPC documents. This IPC training leads to an industry traceable IPC certification for the instructors, quality team, management and operators.
Developed by users, academics and professional trainers, IPC programs reflect a standardized industry consensus. In addition, the IPC programs are current: Periodic IPC recertification is required, and IPC course materials are updated for each IPC document revision with support from the same industry experts who contributed to the IPC standard.
Why Pursue IPC Certification?
Investing in IPC training and IPC certification programs can help you:
- Demonstrate to current and potential customers that your company considers rigorous quality control practices very important.
- Meet the requirements of OEMs and electronics manufacturing companies that expect their suppliers to have these important IPC credentials.
- Gain valuable industry recognition for your company and yourself.
- Facilitate quality assurance initiatives that have become important in international trading.
Choose From Two Levels of IPC Certification
Two types of IPC certification are available, each of which is a portable credential granted to the individual in the same manner as a degree from a college or trade school.
INSTRUCTOR Certified IPC Trainer (CIT) — Available exclusively through IPC authorized training centers, (Blackfox) CIT IPC certification is recommended for individuals in companies, independent consultants and faculty members of education and training institutions. Upon successful completion of this IPC train-the-trainer program, candidates are eligible to deliver CIS training (described below). They also receive IPC materials for conducting application-level (CIS) IPC training.
SPECIALIST Certified IPC Application Specialist (CIS) — CIS IPC training and IPC certification is recommended for any individual who uses a standard, including operators, inspectors, buyers and management.
Earn Credentials on Six Key IPC Standards
Programs focused on understanding and applying criteria, reinforcing discrimination skills and supporting visual acceptance criteria in key IPC standards include:
- IPC-A-610, Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies
- IPC-A-600, Acceptability of Printed Boards
- IPC/WHMA-A-620, Requirements and Acceptance for Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies
- IPC-6012, Qualification and Performance Specification for Rigid Printed Boards
IPC Programs covering IPC standards knowledge plus development of hands-on skills include:
- J-STD-001, Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies
- IPC-7711/IPC-7721, Rework of Electronic Assemblies/Repair and Modification of Printed Boards and Electronic Assemblies
see COURSE CALENDAR for schedules.