The objective of this course is to supply students with the basic knowledge to identify through hole and surface mount components that are used in electronic assembly. The student will gain introductory knowledge on major through hole and surface mount component packages and their reference designators, markings, orientation, and polarity.
- Common terminology and an introduction to electronic components
- Through-hole and Surface Mount package styles, basic purpose and orientation/polarity for the following types of components:
- Resistors & Capacitors
- Inductors, Coils & Chokes
- Diodes, Fuses & Transistors
- Connectors, Headers & Sockets
- Integrated Circuits (IC)
- Crystals, Oscillators & Transformers
- Visual aids and a component schematic chart are included
Upon successfully completing this learning activity, operators will demonstrate the ability to:
- Identify information available on a Bill of Materials (BOM) and/or work instruction
- Identify selected components using their common names
- List common reference designators
- Identify polarity/orientation markings
WHAT THE “LEARNER” RECEIVES:
- Student manual
- Blackfox Certification, after successfully passing a written exam with a score of 80% or better
Course can be split into Through-Hole only or Surface Mount only upon request.
Class Length: 1 day
Price: Call us or easily get a quote via chat*
Certification Length: 24 months
* To schedule this training or for hosting in your area please contact Blackfox. Quantity discounts will apply.