The IPC 7711/7721, Rework and Repair of Electronic Assemblies, is the Electronic Industry’s standard for the guidelines on removing and replacing electronic components and repairing circuitry with minimum impact on quality and reliability. This course teaches the IPC recommended techniques, tools, equipment and materials required to perform removal, replacement, and repair operations on Plated Through Hole and Surface Mount Assemblies.
Upon Successful completion of this course, CIS and CIT students will be certified to perform Rework and Repairs based on the IPC 7711/7721 Procedures; CSE students will be knowledgeable in the tools and methods involved in rework and repair.
CIS students can attend all or some of the following modules, CIT and CSE will attend all:
- Module 1 (Mandatory for CIS) – Policies & Procedures; Intro to 7711/7721
- Module 2 (Optional for CIS) – Wire Splicing
- Module 3 (Optional for CIS) – Conformal Coating Removal
- Module 4 (Optional for CIS) – Through Hole Rework
- Module 5 (Optional for CIS) – Surface Mount Chip/Melf Rework
- Module 6 (Optional for CIS) – Surface Mount Gull Wing Rework
- Module 7 (Optional for CIS) – Surface Mount J-Lead Rework
- Module 8 (Optional for CIS) – BGA
- Module 9 (Optional for CIS) – Laminate Repair
- Module 10 (Optional for CIS)- Circuit Repair