The purpose of this course is to assist the individuals who either manage or work in coating operations to have a clear understanding of conformal coating requirements. The user will gain the knowledge and understanding of the objectives of applying conformal coating and how to verify that the desired results have been achieved. The learner will become familiar with the application of conformal coatings and how to reference the IPC-CC-830B and IPC-HDBK-830 Guidelines for Design, Selection and Application of Conformal Coating to make accept/reject workmanship decisions.
Hands-on preparation, application may be added to this course when taught at your facility.
Upon successful completion of this course learners will have the ability to:
- Identify types of conformal coatings
- Properly mask uncoated areas
- Inspect finished product for acceptability, i.e. connector damage, pin holes, bubbles, thickness requirements, blistering, cracking, loss of adhesion, etc.
- Use UV Inspection light (if available)
- Study of approved Rework and Repair Techniques
- Successfully pass a written exam with a score of 80% or better
- Properly apply selected conformal coating (optional)
What the “Learner Receives”
- IPC-HDBK-830 Guidelines for Design, Selection and Application of Conformal Coatings
- Blackfox Certification
|Class Length||2 days|
|Certification Length||12 months|