3.0 IPC 7711/7721 CERTIFIED IPC TRAINER (CIT)
Rework of Electronic Assemblies and Repair and Modification of Printed Boards and Assemblies
The IPC-7711 Rework of Electronic Assemblies and the IPC-7721 Repair and Modification of Printed Boards and Assemblies are the Electronic Industry’s manuals for the guidelines on re-installing or replacing electronic components and repairing circuitry with minimum impact on quality and reliability. The training program provides a detailed review of the IPC-7711 and IPC-7721 criteria.
Upon successful completion of this learning activity, Instructors will be certified to instruct Application Specialist certifications. Instructors will obtain the knowledge to:
- Identify the differences between Class 3 target and acceptable quality
- Demonstrate Through-Hole, J-lead, Gull-Wing, Fine Pitch, and Chip component rework and replacement proficiently to Class 3 standards, using a variety of methods.
- Perform conformal coating removal, laminate repair, pad and trace repair, and place and route modification wires
- Conduct Operator courses per IPC requirements
- Correctly interpret and teach the intent of the IPC 7711/7721 standard
- Explain the IPC terminology and definitions
- Successfully pass the Instructor’s written exam with a score of 80% or better and perform at Class 3 Acceptable for the practical exam.
WHAT THE CERTIFIED IPC TRAINER (CIT) RECEIVES:
Everyone who successfully completes the Instructor Training Certification examination will receive all the materials necessary for conducting Application Specialist Certification Training that includes:
- Instructor notes for training CIS students
- Access to training materials including visuals and forms
- IPC 7711/7721 manual
- Gerber artwork for circuit board used during class
Prerequisite: Advanced soldering skills
Class Length: 5 days
Price: Call for quote*
Certification Length: 24 months
* To schedule this training or for hosting in your area please contact Blackfox. Quantity discounts will apply.