2.0 ANSI J-STD-001 CERTIFIED IPC TRAINER (CIT)
Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies
The IPC J-STD-001 Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies has emerged as the pre-eminent authority for electronics manufacturing. The standard describes materials, methods and verification criteria for producing high quality soldered interconnections. The standard emphasizes process control and sets industry consensus requirements for electronic products ranging from simple- to high-performance life support systems.
This Certification includes the study of five modules, which can be taught independently. They include: 1) General Study of the Standard, 2) Terminals and Posts, 3) PTH Assembly, 4) SMT Assembly, and 5) Inspection. The successful completion of this training and certification course will provide immediate recognition and legitimacy.
- The lab soldering demonstrations must meet minimum requirements of the J-STD-001 as determined by the Master Instructor.
- An overall score of 80% or better on the written exams and on the workmanship samples is necessary for certification.
WHAT THE CERTIFIED IPC TRAINER (CIT) RECEIVES:
Everyone who successfully completes the IPC J-STD-001 Certified IPC Trainer Certification and examination will receive all the materials necessary for conducting IPC J-STD-001 Application Specialist Certification and Re-certification, including:
- Instructor notes for IPC J-STD-001 CIS Certification
- Access to training materials including forms, handouts and visuals
- IPC-AJ-820 Assembly and Joining Handbook
- Artwork for soldering test boards
- CIT Survival Guide
Prerequisite: Soldering Skills
Class Length: 5 days
Price: Call for quote*
Certification Length: 24 months
* To schedule this training or for hosting in your area please contact Blackfox. Quantity discounts will apply.