IPC “CERTIFIED IPC TRAINER (CIT)” COURSE
5.3 IPC/WHMA-A-620 SPACE APPLICATIONS ELECTRONIC HARDWARE ADDENDUM
“HANDS ON” CABLE ASSEMBLY
IPC/WHMA-A-620 Space addendum provides additional requirements over those published in the IPC/WHMA-A-620 to ensure the performance of cable and wire harness assemblies that must survive the vibration and thermal cyclic environments, getting to and operating in space. This course is supported by actual cable building exercises and concludes with a qualifying examination. Certified Instructors are then qualified to teach Application Specialist training.
The students will demonstrate the ability to build and install three complete cables in a unit. This will involve soldering, cup terminals, crimping, machine contacts, insulated lugs, IDC connections, wire splices, coax connectors, shield terminations, including routing using ty-raps/lacing cord, shielding–braid and shrink-tubing, and testing of the final product. Instructors will obtain the knowledge to:
- Reference the IPC/WHMA-A-620 standard to make acceptable/reject decisions
- Proficiently conduct Application Specialist courses per Space requirements
- Correctly interpret and teach the intent of the IPC/WHMA-A-620 Space addendum
- Demonstrate hands on techniques in completing all of the skills included in this course, including BOM and Blueprint instruction.
- Successfully pass the instructors exams with an 80% or better
WHAT THE CERTIFIED IPC TRAINER (CIT) RECEIVES:
Everyone who successfully completes the Certified IPC Trainer (CIT) Training Certification and examination will receive the materials necessary for conducting Application Specialist Certification and Re-certification Training including:
- IPC/WHMA-A-620 Space Applications Electronic Hardware Addendum
- CD illustrating all facets of the IPC/WHMA-A-620 Space training program
- Instructor’s guide providing complete instructions for Operator training and certification
- Open book exams for Application Specialist certification
- NASA Grade Cable and Wire Harness kit
Upon satisfactory completion of the course, participants will receive Space Certified IPC Trainer (CIT) certification that authorizes them to train and certify Certified IPC Specialists.
Prerequisite: Current IPC/WHMA-A-620 CIT certification
Class Length: 40 Hours
Certification Length: 24 months