5.2 IPC/WHMA-A-620 WITH HANDS-ON CERTIFIED IPC TRAINER (CIT)
Requirements and Acceptance for Cable and Harness Assemblies
IPC/WHMA-A-620A is the first industry standard for cable and wire harness fabrication and installation. The final product-use classifications are defined and include criteria for acceptability conditions. This training provides a detailed overview of the IPC/WHMA-A-620 standard and is supported by actual cable building exercises and concludes with a qualifying examination. Certified instructors are then qualified to teach Application Specialist training.
Upon Successful completion of this learning activity, Instructors will be certified to conduct Application Specialist certifications and re-certifications. Instructors will obtain the knowledge to:
- Reference the IPC/WHMA-A-620 standard to make accept/reject decisions
- Proficiently conduct Application Specialists courses per IPC requirements
- Correctly interpret and teach the intent of the IPC/WHMA-A-620 standard
- Explain the IPC terminology and their definitions
- Demonstrate hands-on techniques in cutting, stripping, tinning wires, crimping, use of solder sleeves, solder cups, BOM & Blueprint instruction, tie-wrapping and test-pulling using a cable assembly training kit.
- Successfully pass the CIT exam at 80% or better
WHAT THE CERTIFIED IPC TRAINER (CIT) RECEIVES:
- IPC/WHMA-A-620 manual
- Access to training materials including forms, handouts and visuals
- Instructor’s notes providing complete instructions for conducting CIS certification and re-certification courses
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive IPC CIT certification that is valid for 24 months
Class Length: 5 days
Price: Call for quote*
Certification Length: 24 months
* To schedule this training or for hosting in your area please contact Blackfox. Quantity discounts will apply.