5.2 IPC/WHMA-A-620 WITH HANDS-ON CERTIFIED IPC TRAINER (CIT)
Requirements and Acceptance for Cable and Harness Assemblies
IPC/WHMA-A-620A is the first industry standard for cable and wire harness fabrication and installation. The final product-use classifications are defined and include criteria for acceptability conditions. This training provides a detailed overview of the IPC/WHMA-A-620 standard otherwise known as IPC WHMA A 620 certification. It is supported by actual cable building exercises and concludes with a qualifying examination. Certified instructors are then qualified to teach Application Specialist training.
Upon Successful completion of this learning activity, Instructors will be certified to conduct Application Specialist certifications and re-certifications. Instructors will obtain the knowledge to:
- Reference the IPC/WHMA-A-620 standard to make accept/reject decisions
- Proficiently conduct Application Specialists courses per IPC requirements
- Correctly interpret and teach the intent of the IPC/WHMA-A-620 standard
- Explain the IPC terminology and their definitions
- Demonstrate hands-on techniques in cutting, stripping, tinning wires, crimping, use of solder sleeves, solder cups, BOM & Blueprint instruction, tie-wrapping and test-pulling using a cable assembly training kit.
- Successfully pass the CIT exam at 80% or better
WHAT THE CERTIFIED IPC TRAINER (CIT) RECEIVES:
- IPC/WHMA-A-620 manual
- Access to training materials including forms, handouts and visuals
- Instructor’s notes providing complete instructions for conducting CIS certification and re-certification courses
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive IPC CIT certification that is valid for 24 months
Class Length: 5 days
Price: Call for quote*
Certification Length: 24 months
A certification for the IPC/WHMA-A-620 Certified IPC Trainer (CIT) signifies your commitment to fulfill customer requirements and capability to adopt and implement ISO and other quality standards. Holders of this certification are recognized and valued in the entire electronics industry.
* To schedule this training or for hosting in your area please contact Blackfox. Quantity discounts will apply.