The Certified Standards Expert (CSE) is a subject matter professional with a high level of knowledge and understanding of a specific IPC standard or group of standards. The role of the Certified Standards Expert may vary by organization, but the CSE will be able to:
- Act as a subject matter expert for their organization, answering standard related questions, providing support to various levels of the organization, and, interpreting the standard for their organization.
- Judge organizational conflicts in opinion of a viewed condition.
- Act as the intermediary between the organization and IPC staff and/or industry experts on standards questions.
- Update the organization on the latest standards and best practices from industry.
- Provide feedback to standards committees on updates to the process for inclusion in the standards.
- Interface with designers and process engineers to develop assembly processes.